Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It worked!

This is Will eating a big, yummy spoonful of butternut squash...

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is Sam, also eating a big, yummy spoonful of butternut squash! That's right everyone, I hid veggies in his mac & cheese! And he ate it!!! I'm still giddy. I can't believe it worked. Yesterday I pureed some fruit cocktail and mixed some in with his applesauce, and he wouldn't eat it. When it comes to picky eaters, Sam is the worst. He won't eat (or even try) pb&j, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. Pickiest eater ever. After his first bite of mac & cheese he said he didn't like it (and that it was gross), so I thought I had failed again. But for some reason he picked up his spoon and started eating. And then kept eating. He knew something was different about his food, but miraculously, he ate it anyway. I think I smiled to myself for at least 10 minutes. I'm sure Mike thinks I'm crazy, but any mother of a picky eater will understand. Bless Jessica Seinfeld!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh hooray for hidden nutrients! Well done Becky, I'm smiling with you.