Saturday, January 19, 2008

2007 Reflections

Saw this on Heidi's blog, thought it was fun.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Gave birth naturally and worked at the Garden Center.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Unfortunately, I had no resolutions last year. Made one for this year...going to bed early. Still haven't managed it yet.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, and lots more babies to come in the next month!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Grandpa Gar passed away.


5. Where did you visit? Bear Lake a couple of times, and St. George for the marathon.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Sufficient patience.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving birth to a beautiful baby with no drugs. Don't get me wrong, I wanted them. The nurse didn't believe me, so now I have bragging rights.

8. What was your biggest failure? Biggest? Hmmm. Not inviting our neighbors to church when I had the perfect opportunity. Still kicking myself. I guess I should just go and do it.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Well, morning sickness coupled with the flu made me pretty ill, and then recovering from childbirth injury was more difficult since Mike was still trying recover from his arm being sliced open. If anyone who hasn't seen the picture wants to see it (just happened to have my camera in the ER) , I'll consider posting it. It's pretty gross. It took 2 layers of stitches (muscle and then skin).

10. What was the best thing you bought? Baby Birkenstocks for Kim's baby. I'm pretty excited about my meat mallet, but I still haven't used it. I also like my new zester. I must be the most boring person ever.

11. Where did most of your money go? Citimortgage and Costco.


12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My new double oven!!! Mike is the best husband ever!

13. Compared to this time last year, are you:A) happier or sadder? B) thinner or fatter? C) richer or poorer? A)At least as happy. Life is great! B) Thinner. Still eat like a horse, just not pregnant anymore. And nursing takes it out of me too. C) We've paid off some debt, I guess that makes us richer.


14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Crocheting, studying scriptures, more temple work, and more playing.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Waste time on the computer. Although...I used to be a very committed journaler, but motherhood didn't leave me much time for it. I love blogging, because it's my new journal.

16. What was the best book you read? Jumping on the bandwagon...loved the Twilight Series. Just finished The Money Answer Book (Dave Ramsey), which was great. I just started reading Deceptively Delicious, and I LOVE it. I got it from the library, but I think I'm going to buy it. Who reads cookbooks? Well, besides Steph.


17. What did you want and get? My double oven, and a new rubber (silicone) scraper. And a new furance. And a good baby, who happens to be absolutely adorable. His smile always gets me. And a Sam who loves his baby Will. And the last space in Miss Chris's preschool class for next fall.

18. What did you want and not get? Can't think of anything. As you can see, I got a lot of things I wanted.

19. What kept you sane? Mike, and good friends. Baking cookies.

20. Who did you miss? Mike. Florida is so far away! Only a few more days. Good thing Eric is here...Sam would go insane without a guy to play with. Mom is fun for only so long.

2 comments:

Max Fam said...

that was fun to read!

you gave birth NATURALLY? Crazy woman. I need to know the story behind that. I mean, more power to you, but CRAZY WOMAN! :)

Oh, and although this probably doesn't surprise you, I like to read cookbooks too, and told matt I want deceptively delicious for Valentines.

Us said...

Neat idea. I might just do that!

By the way, I wanted drugs with my second baby and they wouldn't give them to me. Once you start, you can't go back, so you might as well get it over with right?