Thursday, January 17, 2008

Holy cow, that's ridiclious!

My new favorite word, courtesy of Sam, is "ridiclious." He even uses it in the correct context.

Yesterday I bought Sam his own Book of Mormon to take to church (he's now officially in Primary! Can't believe it. My bro and sis-in-law are the Sunbeam teachers, so it's been a super easy transition. Yay!). He carried it around, flipped through the pages, looked at the pictures, and acted really excited about it. When he was choosing a book for bedtime Mike asked if he wanted to read the Book of Mormon. Sam said no, it was a scary book. Can't win 'em all.

Today Sam said, "Holy cow!" Can't remember what was happening. Probably nothing, I think he just wanted to showcase his new phrase.

I took a nap today (I was up until 2:00 this morning with Mike, who wanted to be tired for his flight), and when Will woke up from his nap, Sam went running into his room. From my bed I could hear Sam saying to Will, "Look at you, you're awake! Here I come!" Then I heard jumping in the crib and laughing.

Will has been spitting up quite a bit the last few days. I guess I better reign in my eating again. Yesterday I had a small dessert at lunch, but I felt guilty for a good part of the day. Does that make it better? I guess the cheese at dinner was bad too. Oops, soy too (stinking bread crumbs). He's also started more babbling and now says mama! Oh, and the diapers. Man, you'd think it wouldn't be such a shock since I've already done this before, but going from breastmilk diapers to baby food diapers is just...sad. And stinky.

1 comments:

Us said...

Thank goodness they won't be in diapers forever, right?