Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow, snow go away!

Or at least come in two or three days instead of all at once! For all those people living in mild climates that keep saying they miss the snow...you can have some of mine. This doesn't give great perspective, but just know it's at least a foot and a half, probably more. It all came down in about 12 to 15 hours. That's the little picnic table on the deck. The top is somewhere between 1 1/2 to 2 feet high, and it's completely swallowed in snow. I like snow, but I like it spread throughout the season. It took forever to shovel it! Luckily, Eric did most of it. It's nice having a guy around while Mike is gone.


Tonight the boys and I went to the Fisher's for dinner. Katie's husband it out of town too, so we hung out for a couple of hours. She made a Will-friendly meal of delicious salmon, salad, and butternut squash. I'm not sure how it is that I've gone through life never having tasted butternut squash, but I love it! It's also one of the favorite vegetables in Deceptively Delicious, so I'm excited that I like it so much. Will loved it too. It's such a relief that he finally likes solids!

The hat that Katie is sporting is one of Dan's favorites, for obvious reasons. Read the side of the hat for full effect. He works for Evco House of Hose, so if you ask him what he does he always says, "I pimp hose." Classy guy. We think he's great though, the Fishers are our faves!

0 comments: