Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Posted by Becky at 8:51 PM
And sometimes a little soggy! She's going through a crazy naked stage right now. She's ALWAYS taking her clothes off. Diaper included. It makes me crazy!! We have to pin her jammies so she can't unzip them, and she has to wear onesies just to keep her diaper on. Days like today, when all the onesies are in the laundry, are super fun. Because she hates to wear a diaper after she's used it...so I find her running around the house naked with wet and dirty diapers in her wake! But it's worse when she takes her diaper off and THEN decides to relieve herself. On the carpet. In my room. On my pillow. Ugh. So much extra laundry!
Posted by Becky at 8:43 PM
To Seriously Sassy!
Posted by Becky at 8:19 PM
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Posted by Becky at 9:04 PM
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Things we saw in Chicago that you just don't see in Salt Lake:
- Mulitple 7-11's with revolving doors
- Parking that will cost you $25 for two measly hours
- The Subway and "El" train
- A jungle of high-rise buildings
- Lots of babies, but no toddlers or kids. Just babies.
- Express and Local streets. They're the same street, but if you accidentally get on the express, you can't get off until there's an exit. Which is inconvenient when you're already late for church. :)
- People smoking everywhere. Sick.
- Blackie's (a dive bar with a sign over the door that read, "Better food than most hospitals." I loved the food before I tasted it. How could you not?? They had awesome burgers, and they were cheap! Probably our cheapest meal there, plus it was a long walk, so we burned off the calories before we even ate them.)
- Bandera (on the Magnificent Mile, with an amazing view of the street. We shared soup and a cheeseburger. Oh, and they freshly grind their own beef. Yeah. Best burger I've ever had.)
- Pizzeria Due (because Uno's had a longer wait. Famous Chicago style deep dish pizza. I will be replicating their food this week. I also want to try Giarodono's and Gino's East. Just not enough time!)
- The Corner Bakery and Cafe (mini bundt cakes. need I say more?)
- Buona (A Cafe Rio style restaurant that had italian/american food. Fresh and delicious! And next to our hotel.)
Posted by Becky at 3:08 PM
The main reason for our trip to Chicago was to catch the U vs ND game in South Bend, Indiana. We met up with Doug & Jami (and Doug's parents) for the day, and we had a total blast hanging out at Notre Dame! The people there were incredible, everyone was so welcoming and friendly. They were expecting to lose the game, and they were still sooo nice to us. It was so fun. And since we were expecting it to be freezing cold, I crocheted a few U scarves. So, of course, it was unseasonably warm. Oh, and rainy. I didn't have time to make four...sorry Dougie! (Please pretend that I'm wearing my hat. We had to wake up around 5:00 to drive there, so I braided my hair to wear under a hat. Then it was so warm I didn't think to put it on before we left the car.)
Posted by Becky at 2:21 PM
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Mike and I took a second honeymoon to Chicago (in conjunction with the pitiful Utah v. Notre Dame game), and it was completely amazing! Our first night we stayed in a swanky, spendy hotel (thanks Hotwire!), and went to the Chicago Institute of Art. Hooray for free thursdays at the museum! Since this will be a lot of pictures (really, a lot), I'm breaking it up into parts. Part I is our first day in Chicago.
The view from our room was incredible at night.
Posted by Becky at 7:22 PM
Monday, November 1, 2010
Posted by Becky at 8:02 PM
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Posted by Becky at 9:19 PM