Friday, January 4, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Charles Hope

Our Emmy is married!! It was a wonderful day, especially since we had a sitter while we were at the temple, so we were able to relax and really enjoy being there.

Before Emily could get married, Jane and I had to ensure meatballs for the reception. The two of us made 1100 meatballs in one night. This is Jane, 36 pounds of meat later. We went to bed at 4:30. I'd do it again though. I had lots of fun with Jane, and we love our Em! Besides, who else can I watch terrible movies like Alex and Emma with?



I realize that this picture is not of Emily. I met Tamara (bride) and her parents Dale and Mary Jo in China while I was there for a semester teaching English. There was no LDS branch in our city, so we got permission to have church in their apartment every Sunday. It was an absolutely fantastic experience. These are great, faithful people. Dale and Mary Jo currently live in Oklahoma City and they were out here for Tamara's wedding, which just happened to be at the same time as Emily's. Small world. Mike and I also saw someone in our ward who was attending a friend's wedding. She works at TaiPan, so she knows the Nicks (uncle and cousin), and Lon. We felt very social while waiting for Emily and Charles to make their appearance.




The brand new married couple.
Pretend Will doesn't have red eye. I don't have time right now to edit my pictures, and this is a great one of Em. She's such a beautiful bride!





The new reception center (The Atrium at Western Gardens) is fabulous. It was so gorgeous, so when the website and blog are ready I'll post links to them. Grace sure knows how to throw a party!
I was almost out the door to put the boys in bed when I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of us. This is in the bride room, where our stuff was stashed. Gorgeous bride room, by the way.

0 comments: