Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckley


I was driving home with the boys on Sunday night when Mike called (he stayed behind at his parents' house to help clean up dinner). He let me know that President Hinckley had passed away. The world is mourning the loss of a great, amazing man. More than that though, I feel as though I'm mourning my own personal loss. I never met him, I'd only ever seen him from a distance. Still, I felt as though a member of my family had passed away. Words seem inadequate. It's sad for us to see him go, but I can't imagine his reception upon crossing to the other side. How amazing that must have been.
[Someone is planning a cane wave tribute for those who will attend the funeral.]
President Hinckley was a faithful servant of the Lord, but I take comfort in knowing that his work will continue because it is the work of the Lord. I'm so thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

0 comments: