Sunday, December 23, 2007

Dead

My computer doesn't work. We were having printer problems, so I tried to restart the computer (it helped once), but now we can't get it to turn back on. So frustrating, it's new. I would feel completely disconnected if I didn't have Mike's computer. I'll post new pics when I get my computer back. Yes, I'm that lazy. I'm not doing it twice.

We cooked a perfect turkey today in my amazing new oven. You stick the probe in the meat, set the desired internal temperature, and set the oven temp. As soon as the internal temp hits 100 degrees it displays the temp for you to watch, and once the set temp is reached the oven turns off automatically. You can't overcook it. We also used the bridge burner to make yummy gravy (no lumps) in the roasting pan. The meat was tender and moist. I even made stock for the gravy. Not bad for our first turkey. Now I'm going to use the leftovers to make soup. I have a recipe for homemade noodles that I'm excited to try.

I went to 20 minutes of church today. Will fell asleep at 11:30 and slept until 3:30. There was no way we were waking him up, especially since we were having Christmas with my family tonight. Mike and I traded off at church, and I ended up cooking all day. I also made a cake and bread, so I was very busy today. I'm exhausted. My present from my brother-in-law was the game Sorry (Simpson's edition). There was a mix-up and he thought he had Mike.

Poor Will hasn't been feeling very well. I'm sure it's because I've mostly been eating whatever I want lately. Tonight he puked all over my arm and Mike's leg at the same time. Car seat too. The smell on my sleeve is a good reminder not to eat any more cookies or toffee or chocolate dipped pretzels, or any of the other stuff I've been making all month. On second thought, I think I'll go change my shirt.

My thoughts right now are all very disjointed, which must be obvious. While I'm at it, there was a fun luncheon for my sis-in-law Emily on Saturday at the Salt Lake Country Club. Yum. I'm taking Eric and Renee to the airport tomorrow because they're spending Christmas in Idaho. I still haven't delivered the last of the neighbor gifts. They're sitting on the counter, lost in the cooking mess from today. I'm reading Eclipse right now, which is so fun. I also read New Moon (obviously), and a book called The Widow's Might. I saw it at the library and checked it out without even looking at it. Stories about how different women have handled widowhood. Still working on Life of Pi. I will finish it, but not until I'm done with the Twilight series. Disjointed would now be an understatement.

0 comments: