Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do yourself a favor...

And never buy a GE appliance. Our compressor went out two years ago, which was repaired for free (all five times. Sounds great, but we were out a freezer for 5 weeks). Today someone came to fix the freezer. All he had to do was vacuum the compressor (by removing a panel off the back of the fridge). That's it. $101.41 to vacuum the compressor. I told him that the previous repairmen never told me I needed to do that (which they could have mentioned one of those 5 times). He told me it was in my use and care manual. Well, I checked the manual and NOWHERE does it talk about cleaning the compressor. Apparently I was supposed to just know to remove the panel to make sure it's not dusty inside. I've never heard of nor seen anyone ever pull the fridge out, remove a panel, and vacuum the compressor. I called customer relations (for the millionth time), and was told that the fees I paid today could not be waved and were not refundable. All this for a dumb freezer that's 3 1/2 years old. Happy anniversary to us.

On a brighter note, Mike arranged for his mom to watch the boys tonight so we can go out. Yay!

0 comments: