Friday, May 16, 2008

Actual Fun

Today I embroidered for 7 or 8 hours. I'm almost done. I had 3 boxes of shirts and aprons (hate aprons) to do, and I only have 10 names left (with 2 aprons each). It's now midnight, but I need to unwind a little after a very non-relaxing day filled with work and fridge stress. The boys were pretty good though, and we went on a walk this evening in the gorgeous weather. We saw the Fishers too, so we stopped to talk for a little while.

The other day Sam found his chore chart sitting on the counter, so he took it to the couch to look at it. I heard him saying, "My jobs are: be nice to Will, watch Thomas, play with trains, drink juice." Later that day he asked me for some "cattle corn." I tried to get him to say kettle, but he refused. Cattle corn it is.



Last night to celebrate our 6th anniversary (yay for us!), we dropped the boys off with Grandma and went to Red Robin. Mike really wanted a burger, and it was by the Sports Authority (Mike also needed new shoes for work). Our server, Jack Daniel, asked us if we'd ever been there. The last time for me was nearly 10 years ago (I feel SO old saying that). When Mike left to use the restroom our server came over and asked if I had been in about 6 months ago, because he could have sworn I was there. I don't know if that should creep me out or not, but I just said no, I get that all the time. I used to get that all the time, but mostly when I was single. So, do I really have a long lost twin, or are people just weird?

Anyhow, it's been a great 6 years! And I can't wait until May is over so I can see Mike for more than 45 minutes after work before bed.

4 comments:

Us said...

Congrats on six years! I thought your anniversary was in June?!? What was I thinking?

Hey, I remember going to Red Robin with you like 10 years ago. (Was it really that long?) Was that the last time you were there?

Christine said...

6 years? Are you serious? Congratulations

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay!

And the shirts at WG look great. We've been frequent visitors this spring and I want to ask the employees, "Don't you think the shirts look great?!" -Because they do. Good Job Becky. We hope you see Mike soon. It's been packed every time we've been.

Anonymous said...

oh and p.s. Sorry about the freezer. That is a nightmare that seems to keep going. I have a cooler and reusable ice packs if you need it-seriously.