Monday, June 9, 2008

Party!

So, even though I had my camera with me, I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy talking and chasing Will. We had a great neighborhood BBQ a few doors down on Saturday night. It was freezing, but the kids didn't seem to notice. We have some awesome neighbors, and it was really fun to hang out and chat.

Yesterday we went to my cousin's baptism (my cousin's son, actually). He's 10, and decided on his own that he wanted to be baptized. Another cousin was supposed to confirm him, but he got tied up and didn't make it, so my cousin asked Mike to step in and do the confirmation. Unfortunately Sam has a hard time when Mike gets up to do stuff like that, so I was outside with the kids to spare everyone the yelling. Even though I missed it, I was so grateful to have a husband who honors his priesthood, and is ready at a moment's notice to serve in that capacity.

My friend Katie, who makes it on the blog regularly, just called got to YW as a Beehive advisor. That means she'll be there with me at Youth Conference and Girls' Camp! ("Camp" happens to be at the Clayton cabin this year, so Mike will be there too! and the kids! Yikes!) I'm not sure if I'll make it to all of Youth Conference since Will doesn't seem to be interested in weaning. I'm trying, but he's resisting pretty hard. We're mostly down to twice a day, but he hates drinking out of cups and bottles, so it's a huge chore to get him to drink. It's also hard to get a lot of calories in him, which is bad because he's so skinny. He loves to eat, but now he just wants what he wants, and he won't even drink chocolate milk. Argh! The dr suggested giving him avocados, crackers with cream cheese, etc., just to pump some extra calories into him. Good thing he's cute...

0 comments: