Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Whew!

This last week has been a little nuts. My brother and his wife moved in to our basement, and my friend and I threw a baby shower at my house. Needless to say, there has been much cleaning done (and that still needs to be done).

Today, of all random things, I made grape juice. I'll be making more tomorrow. It actually tastes like it's supposed to...it's good. My neighbor has an insane amount of grapes, so she gave me tons and let me borrow her steam juicer. It's kind of fun, and I'm canning most of it so I can enjoy it over and over. Mike thinks I'm crazy.


Sam was a great helper, he loved washing the grapes. He loves anything to do with playing in the sink, especially if it involves pulling the faucet out and spraying stuff.



Sam's little buddy Ryan came over to play and stayed for a gourmet lunch of chicken nuggets and mandarin oranges. This is the friend who gave Sam the Thomas train for his birthday.


Sam stole my sunglasses, and when I pulled out the camera (with no prompting) smiled and said, "Cheese!"

Mike thinned the sycamore. Once again, we beat everyone when it came to debris piles for the city clean up. It almost rivaled the piles from the junipers.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds amazing! I love grape juice, and homemade! MMMMM