Sunday, September 23, 2007

Grandpa Gar



Tonight we went to visit Grandpa Gar in his new digs, a care center in Murray. We were quite a crowd with the boys and Eric and Renee. He was really happy to see us though. My aunt was there and she said she hasn't seen him that happy in a really long time. Sam played his harmonica and sang some songs, and Grandpa seemed to have a great time. He's 93 years old, so it's fun to be able to visit, especially now that he's a little closer to us.

After church we made egg mcmuffin type sandwiches (I got to watch everyone eat). I made some biscuits and I let Sam play with the last of the dough I was rolling out. There was a bowl of red hots on the counter. I think tomorrow we might make sugar cookies. As you can see, he'd be very good at it. I think the title of this picture should be (thanks to Mike) "This is my art. Understand me."


Sam has really started to branch out in his drawing. He told me that this picture is trees (from a book about some type of small rodent named Sprout that goes on a trip with his grandma to see huge trees in some forest).

Other times he just makes us draw pictures. On our way home from visiting Grandpa, we stopped by the Garden Center. Construction is coming along, it's pretty exciting! I'll be putting updated pictures on the Garden Center blog as soon as I can. Be sure and check it out!

0 comments: