Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'm a girl, I have hair

Sam loves to play with his trains, and sometimes his trains like to talk to each other. My favorite Sam/train conversation went something like this:
Train 1: I'm a girl, I have hair.
Train 2: You don't have hair, you have a funnel.
Train 1: I am a girl, I have hair.
Train 2: No, you're not a girl. You have a funnel.
The new Thomas train that he got from his birthday party (not from me) is called Baby Thomas, not to be confused with Big Thomas or Little Thomas. The above picture is an extreme close up of Baby Thomas. Sam insisted I take a picture of it.

I think his imagination is really starting to blossom. He also likes to "make a house with bricks" by taking all the couch cushions (bricks) and stacking them on the floor. He then jumps on them and buries himself underneath them so he can go to sleep in his house.

We survived yet another trip to the pediatrician. Luckily this was just a checkup. Sam is still extremely tall for his age, and everything is great. He wasn't very happy about the shot he had to get, but he's set until kindergarten, yay! Sometimes I think shots are more traumatic for parents than kids (not more painful, just more traumatic...dealing with the sad/hurt/mad kid afterward, trying to explain why we let someone hurt them, etc). Our doctor's office has Thomas stickers at the checkout desk though, so everything was fine.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I agree! Shots are the worst. Kids seem to get over them quickly, but I hate seeing their face in pain!

Stephanie and Paul said...

i love conversations between cars! sam is cool. btw, i never got back to you about party ideas...did you still want them?!

Max Fam said...

Hi Mike...I just found your blog while blog surfing. Your little family is so cute. Hope all is well-
Heidi (Broadwater) Maxfield