Monday, September 24, 2007

Sugar Cookies!!

Sam was my little kitchen buddy today, and we made sugar cookies! We had a blast, Sam loved it. He made a bunch of cookies all by himself (I was quite impressed).

He even rolled the dough out without my help. He's in the fiercely independent stage (is it a stage? will he always be this independent?), so my help was requested only when the dough got stuck in the cookie cutters. Notice the wooden spoon handle in front of Sam. Why is there a wooden spoon on the counter, you ask? When I told Sam we were making cookies, he immediately opened the drawer and said, "I need my spoon!"
We made cats, witches, pumpkins, Christmas trees, sailboats, planes, and trains, of course. We made the shapes that Sam wanted, so we encompassed two holidays and transportation. Tomorrow we're going to deliver them to our neighbors. They're actually decent, so I hope they survive until then. The cookies. The neighbors too, but I meant the cookies.
Poor Will. Yesterday I ate a biscuit, a few pretzels, and an oatmeal cookie. Today I ate a sugar cookie, a biscuit, and a few cheetos. I'm evil. I've never gone on a milk/soy binge like that since I found out about his allergy. He's been paying for my sins, and he'll continue tomorrow until all the proteins are out of his milk. I tried giving him a bottle again today...no luck. He'll just puke a few more times and then he'll be fine. It makes me feel horrible though. On the bright side, I saw some pictures of me yesterday from when Will was about a month old. My face looked pretty chubby, but that's gone now thanks to my forced diet. And I found out on Saturday that I can eat fritos! I can eat taco soup too, as long as there's no cheese or sour cream, but it still tastes like a real meal! Life is good. You know, it's really the little things.


Yesterday when we were visiting Grandpa Gar, we met his roommate before we left. I don't know what his medical condition was, but it seemed that he had a sharp mind but couldn't speak very well (stroke maybe?). Sam kept talking to him and asking him questions, but he would just look at Sam with big eyes. Sam finally said (in a loud voice), "Don't talk with your eyes!"


Tonight Mike was getting Sam ready for bed, which proved to be very difficult after 5 cookies (I was the fun parent today!). Sam didn't want his jammies on, so after his clothes came off he yelled, "I'm a kitty, I need to be naked!" Where does he come up with this stuff?


Oh, and Emily's engaged. Charles proposed a few weeks ago, but I've been waiting to say anything until they've had time to tell everyone. Hope they have! He's a great guy, and Emily still has perma-smile. It's very cute.

1 comments:

Glazier5 said...

Yeah! Thanks for posting pics of Emily! I'm excited to "see" this great guy we have heard about! We are thrilled for her! Fun pics of your cooking adventures too! Cute little guys you have!!