Thursday, September 20, 2007

George the monkey

Sam asked me to draw a train on his magnadoodle thing, and then asked me to draw George the monkey in the train. I'm no artist, as you can tell, but Sam likes it. In fact, he read George a story out of the new Thomas book from the library, and even showed him the pictures. He made voices and made up what was going on, it was hilarious. When you hear, "I'm Gordon, the fastest engine!" in the deepest voice a 3 year old can muster, it's hard not to laugh.

Sam ate soap. I left him alone (I keep doing that) to wash his hands, and when I went in to see what was taking so long, I saw that quite a bit of soap was mysteriously missing from the bottle. It was all over the sink, on the counter, on the faucet, and, yes, in his mouth. He said, "Mom, I ate soap." and a big bubble cam out of his mouth. Poor kid. I couldn't get mad (1-because it was sadly funny, 2-because eating soap is punishment enough), but I sent him to sit on his bed while I cleaned up the soap. He fell asleep, as did Will, and I had nearly two hours of quiet. That hasn't happened in a long time.

0 comments: