Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Baby

Yes, it's true. We have a new baby. No, not the little girl due in Feb. A minivan. That's right, we're now a minivan family since 3 car seats just don't fit in the back of either of the other cars. Why do I feel it necessary to swallow my pride and admit I'm not cool? It's just another car...something to get the family around in, right? There's just that unspoken (well, sometimes spoken) understanding that minivans aren't cool. Call me lame, but I really like my minivan! It has 8 seats, an automatic sliding door, and the sliding door windows even roll down! The 3rd row seats also fold flat into the floor for tons of storage space. We got it used, but it's in great shape. The only way you can tell it's used is because the floor mats are a little stained. I think my carpet cleaner would take care of that though. Everything else is perfect. It's super easy to get the kids in and out of, and I can automatically open the door by Will from the keyless, or a button on the overhead console. It also averages more than 24 mpg city. And, I don't have to find a babysitter for Will when I'm driving the carpool. The one thing I think is a little funny though...do I really need 12 cupholders? I don't think we've even found them all yet. Some day I'll probably be grateful for them, but right now it seems a little excessive.

0 comments: