Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday Boy!

I can't believe it, Sam is 4! (Which also means we've been in our house for four years.) It's flown by...I kind of wish it wouldn't go so fast! If you missed the previous post, read it and then the cake will make more sense. Sam wanted a train at first, but I talked him into a pirate ship pretty easily. Whew! It was easier, which is always good for a pregnant mom.

We ended up having cake at 8:00 last night because we went to soccer. Obviously, I hadn't cleaned the kitchen up from dinner. Sam's cute Primary teacher stopped by to bring him a card, and Sam ran to the door to give her a hug. That speaks volumes about what kind of a teacher she is! She took a picture of us, and Sam felt it appropriate to wave his hands as fast as he could.
He ate the frosting, chocolate, and fruit by the foot flag. I threw the actual cake away. He gets his love of cake from his parents. Mike had a tiny corner of the ship, I didn't have any, and now it's sitting on the counter waiting to be thrown away. I didn't offer Will any because he had already crashed from an earlier sugar rush. The boys stood together on a little chair as I was frosting the cake. They were supposed to be watching, but they ended up begging for a taste (in Will's case that means very high-pitched, loud shrieking), so I'd give them each a little dab of frosting to eat. After 5 or 6 dabs, I finally finished, and Will proceeded to grab each of my legs (with his frosting covered hands), and purposely rub his frosting-covered face all over the front of my pants. Ah, the joys. Unfortunately, I forgot to get the pirate hat out for Sam when we sang to him. Still, I think he enjoyed it. Right now he's at the dollar theater with Mike...Kung Fu Panda!

0 comments: