Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For...


Sam has told us from day one that he wants a sister. He never said he thought it was a sister, but he was adamant that he wanted one. Well...he gets his wish! We're having a girl!! It's kind of a weird feeling after having two boys, but we're very excited! On Monday we asked Sam what we should call the baby if it was a brother. He thought for a minute, got a big smile and said, "Baby Will 2!"

And, following in the footsteps of her brothers, she was NOT shy about showing us her gender. I have a feeling Mike and I are in for it! Oh, and my due date got pushed back. Instead of Feb 5 (based on LMP), it's probably going to be Feb 13 (based on size). My doctor didn't have the ultrasound results today because I went straight from one appointment to the next, but since she measured about a week smaller at my first ultrasound too, they're going to change it. Sad. Now I feel like I'm going to be pregnant for an extra week.

I think the hardest thing about being 9 months pregnant in the summer is painting toenails with that big belly (and you're never not hot). I think the hardest thing about being 9 months pregnant in the winter is putting socks on every day. It's just so hard to reach the feet with both hands! But if that's the worst thing I have to endure, then I'll probably be fine. I'm finally half way done!! And I haven't been pukey for a couple of weeks now! Hallelujah!

7 comments:

Christine said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you.

Max Fam said...

Congrats on the girl! Fun!!

Also glad you're not feeling pukey anymore....now you can post more recipes!

Us said...

Wouldn't it be ironic if she was born on your birthday? Congrats!

Anonymous said...

congratulations becky! I am glad you are feeling better. two boys, then a girl...is that the clayton cousin pattern?

Glazier5 said...

Congrats Becky! We like that line up too! BBG

Anonymous said...

Been thinking...for my (very hot) summer pregnancy, I bought a pair of maryjane crocs to cover my unpainted toes and wore them EVERYDAY! I was thinking about your sock issues and I think your solution is the fuzzy slipper crocs! Cute or not, they do the job for prego ladies.

Adam and Tami said...

Congratulations! A girl, sweet!!!
wow it has been a very long time since I've checked in. I'm so glad you're not feeling pukey anymore.