Monday, July 14, 2008

Part II

I have to be really fast because I haven't packed for girls' camp yet, and I have to be out the door at 6:00 AM. We had visitors tonight just as we were getting dinner. Thank goodness it wasn't those subscription solicitors. Instead it was the ex and family. Their boys are the same ages as Sam and Will, so they played while we had a nice conversation. I wasn't sure how that would go, but it was actually quite pleasant. His wife is really nice, and they even brought us cookies. It was a lot less awkward than I thought it would be, which is a relief. I didn't go in to this situation with a great attitude, but I've been putting forth an effort since yesterday to improve my attitude, and it actually started to change pretty fast. Good thing too, I was pretty surprised when they showed up tonight. Their little boy is now the only other boy in the ward that's Sam's age, so I have a feeling we'll probably see more of them. It will be interesting to see what happens, but I think it will be fine. Now Will and I can go to girls' camp tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jami and Family said...

Oh good I am glad that you did that. Its cool that they came over to visit and meet your boys. I met her at church their first week and she seemed nice, we should invite her next girls night out dinner! How was camp, did you survive?

Christine said...

Okay, how awkward! I would not handle it well if an ex moved into my ward-Seth wouldn't either! I am sorry that you have been sick. And I don't envy you that you are going to girl's camp-hope it was ok.