Saturday, July 19, 2008

News! And Success!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for! As you may have suspected by now, yes...we're expecting! Baby #3 is due this winter, just before my birthday. That's why I've been sick lately. I'm almost out of my first trimester though, so I think I'll start feeling better soon. I've only made dinner a few times this last month or so because I can't stand the thought of cooking when I can hardly keep anything down anyway. Poor Mike has suffered. Tomorrow I'm making a new recipe that I'm pretty excited about, Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich. I'll be posting it on my recipe blog this week.

Except for throwing up in the car on the way home, girls' camp was great! I wasn't sure how it would go since I took Will with me, I didn't know if I would be sick or not, and we have so many different personality types among the girls in our ward. Will was really good, I felt great (until Parley's Canyon), and the girls really came together and had a great time. I only had to tell one girl to stop texting the whole time. They weren't supposed to bring their cell phones, but I thought they would all be pocket texting constantly. I was so proud of them! We even had one girl come that was baptized years ago, but has never really been active. She just moved in recently, and she's never come to our ward, but she got invited to come to camp, and she came! I couldn't believe it because I would be way too chicken to spend two and a half days with 25 people I didn't know. She was so fabulous, such a ray of sunshine! She's a really good kid too, really trying hard to do what's right--just because it's the right thing to do. We stopped at the temple to do baptisms on the way up to Bear Lake, and we both stayed in the waiting room (since Will doesn't have a recommend), and we had such a delightful conversation. So fun.

Oh, and we kept calling it camp, but we stayed at my in-law's cabin. Best camping I've ever done.

I haven't felt like blogging lately because of being sick, so I have a lot of catching up to do. Mike's at a movie right now with his brothers, so I'm watching Pride & Prejudice. My all-time favorite. It has to be the A&E version though. The others are okay, but nothing comes close to 6 hours of my favorite book. I don't think I can even count how many times I've seen it. Probably not as many times as Thomas the Tank Engine, but more than any other adult movie. I just never get tired of it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I had no idea. Glad to hear you are (hopefully) starting to feel better. Such great news!

Adam and Tami said...

Congrats Becky Lou!! I'm sorry You haven't been feeling well. We need to get together soon. Love ya

Christine said...

WHAT! Congrats. And DOUBLE WHAT for you going to girl's camp with Will AND pregnant.

Stuff said...

Congratulations chica!!! Morning sickness sucks!

Us said...

Wow. Congrats are in order.

justjoni said...

Congratulations Becky! I am sitting here wondering if I have even met Will yet. I think so, when he was tiny. Oh man- we need to catch up! Hope you are over the worst of the sickness! Pig out!