Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Insight

Tonight Sam picked up a section of train track that someone brought up from the basement.

Sam: Mom, this goes downstairs.
Mom: Okay, we'll put it away tomorrow.
Sam: But the basement is a mess.
Mom: Well, we'll just have to clean it up.
Sam: Do girls like to put things away?
Mom: Uh, about as much as boys do.
Sam: Well, you like to put things away.

Sam informs me on a daily basis that girls like things that are pretty, and boys like things that are cool and awesome. The other day we saw a huge rainbow from the back of our house. I told him we should get Dad to come and see the pretty rainbow, and he said no, it's not a pretty rainbow, it's a cool rainbow. I'm with him pretty much all the time. Where does he pick this stuff up?

We had 5 kids (at one point 7) at our house all afternoon. All of our guests had the same last name, but it was two different, unrelated families (whose dads have the same first name too). We had a lot of fun, but I'm exhausted. I also made 2 batches of banana muffins, and they're almost gone. Mike's friend came over and helped him fix our sad, leaky shower. The faucet was 30 years old and just wouldn't shut off all the way anymore. I wonder how many gallons of water that wasted.

Will thinks he's a big boy now, hanging out with the 3 year olds. Another little boy was napping, otherwise I'm sure he would have been in on it too. I really like hot wheels.

0 comments: