Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween!



We had a very exciting Halloween. Sam finally got to go to LaRae's house. We saw her about a month ago and she told Sam to go to her house on Halloween. All month long he talked about going. She is one of the cutest, sweetest people I've ever met. Plus she gave us 3 king size snickers. We love LaRae! Sheriff Jane is one of the most photogenic people I've ever known.
We mostly just trick or treated in our neighborhood, and we met up with our friends the Fishers. Now we have a large stash of candy, and I can't eat it :( I think Will is improving though. He's been spitting up a more normal amount the last couple of weeks. Some days he doesn't spit up at all! His eczema is also getting less severe. There's hope!
Tonight was our Stake Women's Conference, and I'm glad I went. Our Stake RS goal was to read the Book of Mormon in 6 months (which goal I didn't make, but at least I started!), and tonight was the culmination of all that. One woman was telling about some of the trials she's gone through, and she had me in tears. She was unexpectedly divorced with 5 small children, one of which is multiple-disabled (he's 14 years old but has the physical and mental capacity of a 3 month old). She's had to work full time to support her family. She's been fighting breast cancer for 10 years, and it recently spread to her bones, lungs, and liver. And she's grateful for these trials because they've made her turn to the scriptures and the Lord. Wow.

1 comments:

Glazier5 said...

Cute Halloween pictures! Fun to see the boys and our favorite cousins Jane and Emily! We love LaRae too!