Friday, November 23, 2007

I am Thankful

Another Thanksgiving under our belts (literally), and there are so many things for which I am grateful. A small random sampling of things at the tip of my brain include:


  • My amazing husband, who works so hard for us

  • Our beautiful boys, the joy of our lives

  • Washing machines

  • Good health

  • The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

  • Wonderful family

  • Thanksgiving dinner wasn't at my house

  • My comfortable bed

  • Good food, especially when I can eat it

  • Soap

This was my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner this year: 3 dozen rolls, a pan of breadtwists (minus four, Mike was hungry and they were hot out of the oven), stuffing, apple crisp, caramely nutty brownies, and butterscotch & spice cookies. And whipping cream that wasn't whipped yet. I spent many hours baking, but it's only once a year. I love good food. Every item I made had something off limits in it, but I ate it anyway. In fact, the only thing on the table that was fine to eat was the turkey.


The Garden Center's new Sandy store is open today! New pictures of the exterior are posted on the garden center blog, and as soon as I get new pics of the interior, I'll post those too. Check it out!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Wow, that is quite the little bakery you have going!

Stephanie and Paul said...

our turkey was "moistness enhanced" with--among other things--milk. i made rolls with soy milk but everything else was pretty much not liam's friend. but his allergy seems to be getting better too. i ate everything i wanted and he didn't puke tons--just had a little spit up and reeky poo. is the end in sight?