Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Greetings and Salutations

Grandpa Gar's funeral service was yesterday, and it was really nice. We had a small family service, so it was intimate and personal. There were several musical numbers by my sister-in-law Kimbur and two of my cousins. There is some amazing talent in our family! If you've never heard Kimbur sing, you should. My cousins Mike and Celestia are incredible too. Grandpa served in WWII, so some people from the Navy came and did their flag folding ceremony. It was really neat. Grandpa was born in 1914 and was the youngest of many (10 or 11 I believe) siblings. He outlived everyone by many years (I can't remember ever having met any of them), so I think he had a warm welcome by them and by Grandma Georgia when he crossed to the other side.




0 comments: