Monday, October 29, 2007

Will LOVES his feet now, and they're even more fun with socks. Every diaper change starts out with feet in the mouth as soon as I put him on the changing table. He's almost 5 months old, I can't believe it! We're going to start solids pretty soon. It will be fun to give him something in addition to his drink (as Sam calls it), but I'm still in mild shock that he's old enough for rice cereal. It's going so fast, I wish it would just slow down a little bit. Maybe it's because he's such a happy baby, but I just wish he'd stay like this forever. (Okay...not forever, but a little longer)


Last Friday Sam went trick-or-treating at my sister's office. Eric took him (furnace guys were still installing the furnace) and they met up with Adelle and Lilly (cutest fairies I've ever seen!). Sam will soon have lots more girl cousins than boy cousins since the girl count is nearly doubling this winter (on the Clayton side).
Emily came over that night and carved a pumpkin while Sam and I watched. She didn't tell me until she was done that she's allergic to pumpkin. I toasted the seeds in some sugar and spice, and they were really yummy! I've never really had pumpkin seeds (that I can remember anyway), so I'll be making them again!
We finally did it...something we've wanted to do for three years now. We got a new furnace!! The old one was about 30 years old and the motor was really squeaky, so we're happy to be warm and quiet at the same time.
The new furnace is pretty high tech. We also got a humidifier because I don't like severely dry air. Plus it had a rebate, as did the furnace. It should also pay for itself in 4.5 years. So far everything seems to be working (knock on wood). The installers were here from 10-6, so I imagine they were thorough. We don't always have great luck after workmen leave (it took 5 repairmen for the fridge, and we had to have the plumber come back once).

And I've started reading again! A few weeks ago I read Austenland (fun), and I'm currently working on Twilight. So far I'm really enjoying it. I started reading another book, but it was so dumb I had to take it back without finishing it. I still have several other books I've started but won't finish until I'm done with Twilight. So...Life of Pi just hasn't grabbed me. Right now he's in the boat (the ship just sank). Is my mind just too used to constant entertainment? I've heard it's a fabulous book, but thus far I find it only mildly interesting. Is it worth finishing?

0 comments: