Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Life in the Fast Lane

Life never seems to slow down (sometimes I wish it would!). We've been remodeling the closet, but it's not quite done yet. Pictures upon completion. The contents of my closet have been all over my living room. The clothes are back in the closet, but now I have to figure out what to do with the 15 bags of yarn that aren't going back in. I went through such a huge crochet streak (haven't done anything for about a year) but I'm going to start again. Kim gave me the bug again when she came over yesterday for some patterns and instructions.


We had the Fishers over for dinner on Monday (Sam's friend Ryan's family). Katie is my visiting teaching partner and Mike is their home teacher, so we're very connected to their family. Katie and I have become good friends, so it's fun to get the boys together to fight over trains. :) They came over today to make cookies with us, but the power went out and we couldn't bake them. We also had to eat our soup cold. Very sad. Anyway, Sam was having a train conversation with her just before they left the other night and I snapped a picture, it was cute.




I joined a gym tonight with Eric and Renee (Mike is already a member). It was a really good deal, so I'm kind of excited. The child care is included with my membership too. Speaking of exercise, we're going to St. George for the marathon this weekend. When we went down last year I was 5 weeks pregnant. I threw up for the first time of that pregnancy there. Such fun memories. Due to a terrible map I also lost the car and made Mike walk an extra mile or so after the race. I still feel bad about that. Whatever doesn't kill us...right?

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, so we made an impromptu trip up the canyon. It literally took us less than five minutes from our house to get to this awesome place.

I love this picture because of the boys. Sam's face is hilarious (it doesn't even look like him), and Will's face is so cute. I love my boys...all three of them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, great pictures. Don't you just love the mountains?! we went for a short hike last night and loved it.
-Beth

Christine said...

I miss the mountains! And go Mike for running another marathon!

Kimbur said...

Becky you need to show me where that place is that you guys took those pictures it is so beautiful!!!

Us said...

Becky, since you said you were getting the crochet bug again, I just wanted to let you know that I have several links to free patterns on my hobbies blog. You can access it from my family blog.

Cute pictures by the way. I wish I was that photogenic!
--Andrea