Wednesday, October 24, 2007

itsy bitsy spider

I finally figured out why the vacuum (my new one) wasn't releasing from the upright position. The range of motion is severely restricted when 23 cents are mysteriously deposited into the release button. I guess I should show Sam where I keep his piggy bank.

Will loves his fingers more than ever, but I think he's teaching himself to whistle (sans sound).
No distraction, not even dad, is enough to get the fingers out of the mouth. What a face. It still just makes me melt.
The most exciting moment of the day came when I was walking out the door to my YW activity. For our combined activity each class was performing a dance (type thing) to music from The Singles Ward movie. Ironically, my girls chose the itsy bitsy spider. So, as I'm walking out the door I see something black and spidery moving across the floor. At first I thought maybe I dropped a spider ring, but spider rings don't walk. It was a gigantic black widow. By far, the biggest one I've ever seen.
Mike flicked it out onto the garage floor. It landed on it's back so we got a nice shot of it's red hourglass. This was moments before it met its fate. Spiders never look as big in pictures as they really are. This spider was enormous!

2 comments:

Us said...

Ewww, good thing you found it before the kids did! Yikes! (The big question is how did it get in the house?)

Christine said...

Yuck, and I thought we had spider problems! It looks huge! Will is getting so big. Keep posting pictures of him!