Wednesday, October 10, 2007

But Daaaad!

Mike made cookies last night (finally figured out how to make fluffy cookies at our elevation!) and Sam was excited to eat them. He'd already had one or two and asked Mike for another one. Mike told him no, and from the other room I heard, "But Dad, all my friends are going to be there!" He watched Jimmy Neutron in St. George, which is where that comes from. We laughed for about 5 minutes. What would we do without our Sam?

Sam was curious about stop lights. We taught him that green means go and red means stop. When we stopped at an intersection with a stop sign instead of a light we had to explain that as well (he was confused when he didn't see a red light). The next day in the car we came to a stop sign, and when we started going again he asked where the "go sign" was. He pays attention to everything, especially in the car. He'll ask if we're going to certain places depending on the direction we drive. I don't drive with a lot of kids, but I've never seen one so aware of their surroundings.

I never shop at Albertson's unless they're having an incredible sale. The last few weeks they've been having amazing sales. I went last night and got over $200 worth of food for $66. I can't pass up 70 cents for a box of cereal. Or 35 cents for cream of mushroom soup. Or free yogurt. Or free quaker granola bars. My food storage room is close to overflowing, but it's all stuff we eat (I'm not just buying things we'll never use and storing it). I paid attention to how my mom grocery shopped when I was growing up, and it sure has saved us a lot of money. Hooray for smart moms!

0 comments: