Friday, April 9, 2010

Will's Busy Day

I just checked on Will. When we put him in bed he was wearing jammies. Now he's wearing the bottom part of Sam's shin guards, Sam's snow boots, Sam's soccer shirt, goggles, and a hat...and his jammies. He's been a monkey today!!


A quick run down of our day (all of this, just today):

~We had playgroup at our house this morning...which is always a little chaotic.
10 kids+1 me=CRAZY!

~I'm holding Molly, talking to Mike on the phone. I look out the back door to check on Will and he is STARK NAKED running around the yard. I got him inside told him to put his clothes back on. He donned his shoes and hat and ran back out. I managed to get his diaper back on to put him in the car to take Sam to preschool.

~Will climbed into bed with Molly. Half way through her nap.

~The boys stayed at Grandma's house for a couple of hours while I visited my mom in the hospital (she finally got the plate put in her head, yay!!). I was gathering stuff up getting ready to go when I realized Will wasn't around anymore. I searched the house and he wasn't anywhere. We started to panic (there's a creek next to the house and a stream one house over), so I ran outside looking for him. He wasn't in the yard, so I started running toward the park where he'd gone earlier with Mike's brother. I found him about a block away standing in the middle of the road looking really worried. If he'd gone just a little farther he would have found the park.

~After dinner I was getting the jammies out so Will took off his clothes. He then proceeded to the kitchen sink where I had a pot of water soaking. He threw in Sam's socks. And some scissors. And the cookie cutters. And the ShamWow. And some toys. And some kitchen utensils. And I'm sure some other stuff too that I'm probably blocking from my memory because it's just too painful.

~After I took the top picture, Will came out of his room wearing only the soccer shirt and shin guards. He said, "Mom, I'm naked." Finally, after putting him in jammies and back to bed again, he went to sleep. At 10:00. Two hours after the first attempt.

Will is definitely going through a challenging stage! Add into the mix hitting and spitting, and it's a pretty average day!


2 comments:

Stephanie and Paul said...

wow i think will has liam beat.

Stephanie and Paul said...

also please note i have a NEW BLOG. it was about time. i'll post for at least a month before neglecting it forever.