Sunday, October 4, 2009

Busy!

Mike is amazing. That's all there is to it. Today he PR'd in the St. George Marathon (3:15!). Then we drove straight home, I dropped him off at work, he came home and changed, went to the Priesthood session of General Conference, helped me get the kids in bed, watched The Office and Glee with me, then went and watched football. Seriously, who has that kind of energy?!

Plus he could still pick Will up and actually smile for a picture before getting in his ice bath.

At the end of August we took a trip up to Bear Lake for Mike's first Half Iron Man Triathlon! 1.1 mile swim, 56.1 mile bike, 13.1 mile run. That's why they call it a 70.3. I asked him how it was and he said (get this)...it was fun!

All it did was make him want to do a full Iron Man. I think he's nuts! But amazing. (That's Mike crossing the finish line) I actually really like all the races Mike does, because that means another vacation for me! And there are tons more Bear Lake pics to come. We had such a fun trip!

3 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Hey, I noticed you guys have a phil and ted stroller. I heard it wasn't a "jogging stroller", but do you find that you can jog with it?

Becky said...

You bet! Our model is the Dash. The front wheel locks into place for jogging. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it works great for us!
The only regret I have about this stroller is not getting it sooner! We've used it a TON already, and since it's not super wide, we can take it anywhere (it's really great for crowds). I gush about phil & teds to anyone who asks, so if you want to know more, I can tell you all the features I love.

Nanette said...

Go Mike!! He's amazing! I cannot imagine doing a full Ironman! The half iron I did just about killed me!!