Sunday, October 4, 2009

August Bear Lake Trip

We had a great little trip up to Bear Lake at the end of August. The Nielsens and Ences came up with us, and we had a blast! Minus a set of car keys making it to the bottom of the lake, and us leaving the other families at the cabin by themselves for an unexpected extended vacation, everyone had lots of fun! Jami and I saw this old school bus that was converted into an RV. You have to wonder how cost effective that is. But still cool.

Ready to go find Daddy at the triathlon!

I dropped Mike off before the sun was up. I went back to bed as he was starting his swim!

Mike and Doug on the "molecule" with the little ones. They didn't love it.

The lake was really high this year, so the kids had a blast playing in the warm, shallow water.

Will and Sophie, so happy eating their chips and holding balls while sitting in the little raft. That's when you know life is really good.


Molly and Corbin will be buds, but probably not until they're a little more mobile. They're the same size and Corbin is three months younger! Molly's a bit of a chunk herself...Corbin is a big boy!

We had a little fire on the beach the first night we went up. No one else had come up yet, so we roasted hot dogs, made s'mores, and fed the birds. The boys loved throwing food at the sea gulls!

This little face makes me so happy!

Looking at these pictures, I'm not convinced I actually went on this trip. I didn't make it into a single shot! Note to self: Make Mike take some pictures too.

And of all random things, we figured out that my friend Summer had a crush on Talmage in junior high, and that I went to junior high with Talmage's cousin Liz (Summer and Talmage went to a different junior high than Liz and me). I also went to junior high with Mike's cousin Sarah. And the name of our school was Clayton Middle School.

1 comments:

Jami and Family said...

It really was a fun trip, we had a blast with you guys! Other than the keys at the bottom of the lake! C