Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lessons Learned

I've learned a few things this week. Important lessons learned mostly by trial and error. And by having kids.

  • Don't put the memory card on the kitchen table. It will get recycled with the newspaper. But you won't realize it until after trash day.
  • During errands, when your two-year-old hands you an apple, don't put it in your purse thinking he'll want to finish it later. Apples are heavy. Apples will fall to the bottom of your purse. You will forget about it because you can't see it at the bottom of your purse, and even though it's heavy, it's not as heavy as the can of Costco weight loss shake that is also at the bottom of your purse. As you clean your purse out only monthly, the apple will sit in your purse. At the bottom. With stuff on it. Decomposing. I was baffled as to how I could have had a fruit fly in my car. I am baffled no more.
  • On the day you're still recovering from a cold but decided to exercise (and not shower) before going out, realize that it's the day you will probably run into several people you know but don't see very often. Their memory of you will be in exercise pants and a sweater with a hat that doesn't match. And you're sick and haven't showered. Lovely.
  • On said day, don't be afraid to ask if that person you think is a childhood friend that you haven't seen in 14 years, really is. I got the name wrong, but hey, she's a twin and I guessed her sister. It was so fun to see a friend from half my life ago! And she lives only a few miles away from me now.

And so I don't forget, Sam prays for some really awesome stuff at night. I'll update as I remember more of what he's said. Most of it is Transformer related, but I'll have to ask Mike because my memory stinks now.

  • Please bless the Decepticons to turn into Autobots.
  • Please bless Will not to want Sideways (a decepticon).
  • Please bless the earth to keep spinning.
  • Please bless gravity.

*Note: The apple wasn't totally rotten sitting in my purse. It had a big squishy spot on it, but was probably much less gross than I let on. Gross, but not fatal.

1 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, Becky, one day I dream of chocolate doughnuts and poorly made movies.... I am back in Provo now, but my next trip to Sandy for sure. I also love listening to Samo, I mean Monster Man, pray.