Saturday, October 24, 2009

In the last couple of years, Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays. I love finding fun treats to make, and this is always everyone's favorite! (Check food blog for recipe) The mummies we made yesterday were pretty fun too! We've made lots of fun stuff this month, and we're not done yet! Plus we have an awesome monster on our front door, I'll post those pics soon. Fun!

My little monsters. I love girly Halloween clothes, is she not the cutest?! Sam and Will love practicing their scary faces!
Speaking of scary, when I got Will out of bed today after his nap, his backside felt unusually not padded. I looked down and saw his diaper on the floor! He took it off, threw it, and then put his pants back on. What a monkey. At least the diaper was only wet!
Molly started cutting teeth about a month and a half ago (at age 7 1/2 months). They're still not all the way out, but one is close. The way I found out she was teething was when my friend was watching her while I was at the dentist (ironically), and she asked when Molly's teeth started coming in. I didn't even know! I don't routinely put my fingers in her mouth, so I'd never felt them. She was a little fussy the day before, but I thought she was just hungry because she was fine after I fed her. Apparently she was getting her first tooth! Talk about an easy baby! She's been sleeping through the night since she was about 2 months old (and by that I mean all night...not 6 hours like some people consider sleeping through the night). She's currently sleeping 12-13 hours at night, napping twice, and she almost never cries. She loves to sit and play with toys, but she's not interested in crawling yet. And she's finally eating solids! for months she just wouldn't do it, so we're happy that she finally caved. Perfect baby.
Sam still loves Transformers, so he had a blast playing with his buddy Max that also loves Transformers. He's doing great in preschool, and loves reading. He read an entire story book to his older cousins the other day. He says all sorts of stuff that makes us laugh and keeps us on our toes!

I went to lunch with my sisters, and it was so much fun! I have the greatest sisters! We talked and laughed, and I had 3 big lemonades by the time our food came. Great way to not be hungry when your food comes.
Melissa and I were sitting in our booth talking while we waited for Jennifer to get there when a couple came up to our table and asked if I was Becky Foutz. It was the people I used to babysit for back in the day...14 years ago! I had a standing Friday night babysitting job, and sometimes another time or two during the week. I babysat for them all the time for about two years (until we moved). The little boy I babysat was 6 when we moved, and his sister was 2. Now he's 20 and on a mission, and she's 16! There's even a little brother I never met. It made me feel so old! I can't believe they remembered me after all those years. It was so fun to see people from (what seems like) a whole other life.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I missed the mummies? Sad day, but I guess I got Ninja Warrior and you can't have all the best in life, eh? Sam is shooting up like a bean stalk. Will is destructoman and Molly is the best baby ever! I'm excited for the weekend!

Jami and Family said...

Sophie does that all the time with her diaper too, makes me crazy! Your kids are all so sweet. I love when Will comes over for playgroup. He and the girls are so funny together. I thought Corbin was a good baby, but Molly is a champ.

Jami and Family said...

Oh and I love the desserts, I need to get some creativity from you...