Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tricked

I thought for sure that Spring was really here. We had at least twice this much when it finished snowing. The plows were even out last night. There were tulips coming up in our neighbors' yards. Our tulips always bloom late, so at least we'll still have something.

I'm not sure what it was, but this last week was so busy! I felt like I didn't really accomplish much, but I was always busy doing it.

A couple of nights ago Renee and I put our tired husbands to bed, and then watched Becoming Jane. We really liked it (Mike thanked me for not making him watch it). I didn't really know much about Jane Austen's life, so it was fun to learn more and see what she took from her life and put in her books, especially Pride and Prejudice. I love that book. I've only read it once, but I've seen the movie over and over. I never get tired of the story.

We watched our friend Ryan the other day. I was in the kitchen putting something away, and when I turned around Sam was sitting in the stroller, Ryan pushing. Ryan is also obsessed with Thomas the train now, so they have lots of fun playing together (especially when they can share). Whenever Ryan comes over he always brings his Percy train to give to Sam, and then goes and finds all of Sam's Thomas trains. He doesn't play with them, he just holds them and walks around talking about trains.


My fabulous friend Tami (another one from 9th grade) came over and we embroidered some stuff. We thought we were funny, but we realize most people will just think we're weird. It's so fun to play around with the embroidery machine and learn how to do stuff. I do a lot of logos and names for the garden center, so it's always fun to branch out and do something new.

Sam helped me out by licking the bowl when we made these peanut butter cheesecake swirl brownies for the RS birthday dinner. They were gone really fast.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I am sorry that spring tricked you! Those brownies look incredible!

Us said...

Those little onesies are so cute. I wish I had a machine that could do that.

Kimbur said...

I want to embroider something. I just don't know what.

Stephanie and Paul said...

when do you have time to make all this food? and blog about it? and take everyone dinner and embroider stuff? i am seriously wondering what i do all day.