Thursday, March 20, 2008

Advice


If you want to impress someone, or just buy their love, make these cookies.

Sam was with me when I bought his Easter present. Every day he's been asking, "Is it Easter yet?" Won't make that mistake again next year. I got him a trick track for his new hot wheels. His train obsession seems to be waning, which makes me happy. I'm thoroughly tired of Thomas, and I'll take hot wheels any day.

This has been a hard week. I think the boys can sense a change in the seasons (happy first day of Spring!), and they've been celebrating by extra yelling and crying, and less naps. Sam seems to be even more passionate about everything. Will now yells at me if I eat something in front of him without sharing. Yesterday I was holding him while eating a piece of french peasant bread, and with his little vice grip he took hold of my bread, yanked it out of my hand, and shoved it in his mouth. Also yesterday, I was trying to eat my cereal while feeding him his. He refused to eat his until I took some of mine out of my bowl and put it on his high chair tray. I'll take that any day over picky eating though. I think the highlight of the week happened yesterday when I was making dinner. Sam and Will were both on the floor and Sam was trying to teach Will how to blow into a noisemaker. He put it in Will's mouth and said, "Here, now just blow!" After several failed attempts he gave up and did it himself. Even though I was too slow with the camera, it was nice to have a fun, relatively quiet moment where everyone was happy. Mike and I got to go to the temple tonight, and that's always a nice break. Also good for recharging drained batteries. Spiritually speaking. Mike is the greatest!

0 comments: