Monday, March 17, 2008

Amazing

I needed a couple of minutes of quiet time this afternoon, so I set the timer for 5 minutes and told Sam to go downstairs and play until the timer went off. He went down, but came back up about 30 seconds later and went straight to his room. He immediately emerged with his beloved "black" blankie (it's navy blue), and announced, "I'm going to take a nap!" and went back downstairs without another word. I didn't really believe it, but when he still hadn't come back half an hour later I went down to investigate. I found him like this...we call it "dead to the world" because he's such a deep sleeper. It's now 9:40 and he's still awake in his bed reading books, but it was totally worth it. I made bread and did the dishes all by myself.



I just can't pass up a good deal. I got all this stuff for $10. 8 boxes of cereal (Total, Curves, & Fiber One...good cereal!) plus 4 boxes of pasta. Ahh, the simple pleasures.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That is so great! I have never heard of a child doing that.

Tawna said...

I bet it was nice for him to take a nap and you to get some rest!

I haven't had time to look at blogs for awhile, but wow, you have posted a bunch since I was last on . Those brownies look amazing! You are seriously an awesome cook! I'm always impressed with your cooking skills!

The birds and bees story was funny! I love the innocense of children!