Wednesday, August 29, 2007

That's interesting

Sam pays close attention to what we say, and then repeats it when he has the chance. Here's a random sampling.

  • The other day he asked me what I was doing. I told him and he responded, "Oh, that's interesting."
  • Sam's latest response when asked how he's doing is, "Feelin' good!" Not actually sure where he picked that up, but I like it.
  • When we were outside the other evening (just before the rat-dog incident), he wanted Mike to stop setting up the ladder to trim the tree, so Sam told him, "It's not a gorgeous day."
  • After Will was born I was writing some thank-you notes and Sam was sitting next to me just watching for a while. He finally said, "Mommy, are you drawing numbers?" I told him I was writing letters and he replied, "Oh...it looks wonderful." We're confident he picked that up at Grandma's house.
  • We were in the car and Sam asked where we were going. I told him we were taking Will to the doctor and he said, "Oh, yeah...taking Will to the doctor. That's great."

Sam loves to help us get ice & water when we're thirsty. He likes to be handed the ice to put in the cup, and he insists on pushing the water button in the fridge. Twice now he has gotten out of bed and come running when he hears ice going in a cup. He goes back to bed quite happily after he's helped.

0 comments: