Monday, February 15, 2010

Part III: Lost Vegas

We tried to get tickets to the Tournament of Kings at Excalibur when we stayed in Vegas. It didn't work out, and we were kind of bummed. Mike and I had never seen it, but we'd always wanted to. We decided to stop over on our way home to catch the show. Sam overheard us talking about it and said, "Are we going to go to Lost Vegas?" Oh, the wisdom of a child! We had to buy our tickets 2 hours before it started, so we had a lot of time to kill. By coincidence (ha) there happened to be an arcade just outside the arena.




The show was pretty crazy. It was a lot more than I was expecting (which I was glad about, especially since Sam wouldn't touch his overpriced dinner that went in the garbage). It was really cool! It was also copyrighted and we weren't allowed to take any pictures during the show (figures, I had my camera with me that time!) The boys were in awe pretty much the whole time, it was nonstop action. The battles were impressively choreographed (I thought), and there was a lot of interaction with the audience. It was a really fun night!

We were in the Dragon section, and that was our hero. Alas, good won, but there will always be the next time! The costumes were amazing, as was the amount of dirt that got kicked up in the air.

Molly was so exhausted that she didn't know what to do with herself. Yet she still didn't cry. I love this child. I hope she never changes!

And boy, there's nothing like a visit to a Lost Vegas hotel to make you appreciate the Utah Clean Air Act!

We were going to stop in St. George to spend the night, but Mike is more alert at night than during the day, so we decided to drive straight through. I don't like to sleep, even when I'm not driving, because I like to help Mike stay awake. Let me tell you, that was a rough 4 hours for me. We got home at 3:00 am, but it was nice to be home for my birthday!

0 comments: