Monday, February 15, 2010

Part II: Huntington Beach

8 days. It sounds like plenty of time. And really, I guess it is. Unless you're in Huntington Beach. 8 blissful days of sun, warm, green, and FUN! The first thing Will did when we got there was hop on his bike and go for a ride!




This is the community where the condo is, and I can't even tell you how beautiful it is. The grass is as green as the Vegas astroturf, but it's the real thing! Everything is meticulously cared for, and it's like a little slice of paradise. In paradise.

We went to the "play area" and Will took off running. It took him 3 seconds to run that far.


This is really the only attraction at the play area (we've seen other kids here with their nannies). You can only spend so much time on one little slide, but at least it's toddler sized.

Molly and I hung out on the bench while Mike chased Will and Sam. It took a while.

Molly adores herself. She could sit in front of the mirror all day, she loves her reflection! It was so fun to watch her, she played for the longest time.

Out at the fountain, little buddies!

It only took 10 seconds.

Will started playing in the fountain, so Mike (from the front door, inside the archway) said, "Will! Cookies!" Within 2 seconds he was that far away from me.

My cute girl exploring the kitchen. She scoots everywhere!

Will found a toy stroller, and he thought it was hilarious to push Molly around. Under close parental supervision.

It wasn't super warm, but that didn't stop the boys from playing in the ocean. They loved it! Their favorite part was "rub a dub dub in the hot tub!" after the ocean to warm up.

Telling me about their fun walk.

I miss it. A lot. Already. It was SO hard to come home to freezing temperatures and dead plants. There were trees in bloom in HB for crying out loud! Everything there is lush and green and beautiful. Everything here is dead or dormant and brown.

We did so much fun stuff on our trip! I forgot my camera everywhere we went, so most of my pics were at the condo. We went to the Long Beach Aquarium, Fashion Island, the Newport Beach Temple, Wahoo's on Main Street in HB, Houston's in Irvine (most amazing food, best steak and thai noodle salad in the world. I'm salivating now.). Mike and I rode our beach cruisers, went on walks with the kids, and we went to the most incredible library where we bought lots of books for dirt cheap. I met a very nice woman from the Republic of Georgia. We relaxed, read, and just enjoyed being in our little slice of heaven. Oh, and Mike ran the Surf City Marathon. I didn't even get pictures of that. How lame am I? His medal is SO cool, but we left it there, so I still can't get a picture of it. It's a surf board!

It was so nice to get out of the cold for a little while and enjoy such a great trip with my wonderful family! Now that I've had a taste of cali, I can't wait for the summer!

2 comments:

Stephanie and Paul said...

what are beach cruisers? and are they fun?

Emily said...

Note to self: Don't read Becky's posts about HB when I haven't been there for seven months.