Saturday, August 1, 2009

HB!

We spent a week and half in perfect-weather Huntington Beach! I'm ready to go back. Right now I should be working on my lesson for tomorrow, but I needed a little break. I ran errands with the kids this morning (and we got Sam signed up for swim lessons!).
We had such a great time in California. We were there during the surfing US Open, so there was tons of cool stuff over the weekend. I either forgot my camera or memory card every time we went out to watch stuff (there was also awesome BMX biking and some lame skateboarding). It was probably one of my favorite trips so far (as all parents know, vacationing with kids is hard work!), we relaxed, had fun, and we were sad to come back to reality.
The pictures are in no particular order.

The car trip was actually really good. Except for the hour long battle I had with Will to get his foot off Molly's face. Next time he's sitting in the back. The car DVD player is like magic. How did our parents do it?

We went to Ruby's on the pier and had some disappointing fries and onion rings.

I turned around to check on the kids and Will was totally passed out. Sweetheart Molly was holding his hand. Is that not the sweetest thing you've ever seen?

We got to hang out with Mike's sisters and parents for a day and a half. The kids were in heaven! Sam loved the pajama movie party while we packed. Jane got home from her mission on the 24th, but since we were already in HB this was the first time we'd seen her in a year and a half. It's so fun to have her home!!

We bought some old beach cruisers. Makes me wish I didn't live at the foot of a mountain (mega hills). We loved riding them on the beach!

Taking a break. Will insisted on swimming in his sandals. His favorite part was the hot tub!

Molly and Jane! Two of my favorite girls!

This is Will cooperating.

We went to Newport for a few hours to hang out with our neighbors (who happened to be on vacation while we were). Sam found a cute little friend at the beach and they played in the waves. I don't know how old he was, but he appeared to have Down Syndrome, and he seemed like such a sweet kid! Sam loves making friends wherever he goes.

Finished skimboarding with Doug.

I wish these wouldn't upload sideways. Look how cute she is, even the wrong direction!!

I love her swimsuit, and I just happened to have a matching flower headband. Cutest ever. I love it!

Sam was sad he didn't get to hold Molly. Will had a great time holding Molly. Molly was scared for her life.

If you don't get the perfect picture on the first try, Sam will close his eyes for all other pictures because he hates the flash. I love that little face!

Mike taking a little break after digging in the sand with the boys.

I love Will's shorts.

Lots of sandcastle fun. Cleaning sand off a toddler body is...challenging. At least nobody ate any.
Can I go back now?

0 comments: