Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bear Lake in 1 Day

We ran up to Bear Lake for a day, and we crammed in as much fun as possible!

We started out with the human Cabbage Patch Kid! There's this hilarious little wig up there and Mike put it on Molly. She looks an awful lot like my old Cabbage Patch doll...chubby cheeks, yellow yarn hair...she's got it all! Hmm, with bangs or without?


I hung out on the beach with the kids while Mike went for an hour-long open water swim. Sam dug in the sand almost the whole time.

Will spent a solid 10 minutes trying to hit the golf ball with the tennis racket. The water is really high this year, so there was hardly any beach, but enough to have some fun!



Next we met up with Mike's sister and a bunch of her friends to go on one of our favorite hikes. Bloomington Canyon is probably one of the best kept secrets at Bear Lake. It's kind of a long drive up the canyon, but then it's a short hike to this:


After playing on the rope swing, Mike and Jane went to the other side of the lake to cliff jump. If you look closely at the picture above, you can see Mike diving into the lake. My camera was zoomed in all the way. The picture above that is the same shot not zoomed.

Can you see why we love this place? It's like this perfect little mountain oasis that you can hike to wearing flip flops and holding a sleeping baby.
This was Molly all the way back to the car. We weren't planning on going to Bloomington until an hour before we went, so I didn't have a sun hat for her. I did have my nursing cover though (which is my very favorite thing!), so I used it to keep the sun off her face.


We stopped by Sweetwater on our way home and Molly met some cousins for the first time! She hadn't seen Grandma Tigger since her blessing, so it was fun to show her how big Molly is getting. Kaitlyn instantly loved Molly and just wanted to hold her and love her the whole time we were there. It was the cutest thing, she was such a cute little mom!

I can't wait to get back, we love Bear Lake!

*I know it's called Ideal Beach, but it will always be Sweetwater. I don't actually know anyone that calls it by the right name.

3 comments:

Jami and Family said...

That picture of Molly cracks me up! She seriously lookes like a Cabbage Patch kid! Your 1 day trip looks fun, can't wait to go next week! I didn't know there was another cabin up Lamb's Canyon! Man you guys are spoiled! Your trip up there looks like it was a blast!

Jessica Jackson said...

We missed you guys up there! Too bad you couldn't have stayed up longer. I think Molly looks so much like Mike, she's so cute!

Grace said...

Loved looking at the pictures of your family! We're so grateful for you! Love, Grandma Grace