Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Loves

These boys love their sister!! They always want to hold her and rub her head. She's managed to survive two weeks with them and their energy! She had her check up today. Her stats are:

Birth
Weight: 6 lbs 3 oz
Length: 18.5 inches

2 Weeks
Weight: 6 lbs 13 oz
Length: 20 inches

She's perfectly proportioned, her head size, weight and length are all in the 25th percentile. She's currently also the perfect baby. She sleeps pretty much all the time. We know it won't last, so we're enjoying it (a lot!) while it does. I was starting to get kind of worried about it, but she responds the right way to stuff like tickling her feet and changing her diaper, so everything's good.

On Sunday Molly gave us a bit of a scare. While I was feeding her I noticed a big, soft bump on her head. We took her to the doctor, and they said it was a cephalohematoma. Birth trauma (probably from the forceps when they yanked her out...trust me, it was traumatic. I'm still recovering from it myself. Plus she was posterior (facing up instead of down), so I would say trauma is a good word for it). They recommended we take her up to Primary Children's for a CT scan of her head to make sure there wasn't a skull fracture. There wasn't, and other than the bump, everything is great. The bump will go away in time, but for now it makes me really sad to see it.

0 comments: