Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

I've never been a real girly girl, but having a baby girl is changing me. At least a little. I never bought matching bedding for the boys, but I was so excited when I found this on sale. It even has matching receiving blankets (that I haven't used yet). I love brown and pink and polka dots right now. My neighbor made the cute pillow. (And thanks for the crib Katie!)

She should have come today, but she's two and a half weeks old now! I know the red ribbon totally clashes, but the only clothes she has are pink. And I wanted a red ribbon today. She's been sleeping for about 2 weeks solid now. Well, that's not true. She has about an hour (some days maybe a little more) of awake time every day. Mike was reading something about newborns and it said they usually sleep for about 16 hours a day. Not this champion baby. She was fussy for about 5 minutes yesterday, and it was really weird to hear...she almost never cries. All I had to do was feed her and she went right to sleep. If only it would last forever.

Mike took me out the other night for my birthday. We went to the Salt City Burger Co, and we really liked it. I have to say, Mike has been so great since Molly came (well, before that too). Life has been crazy, and we've all been sick with a yucky cold. If the boys are up in the night he gets up with them, and he gets up with them in the morning too, so I can sleep a little longer. I ran to Costco this morning and he did the dishes while I was gone. What a superstar. Mike is the greatest!

2 comments:

Us said...

I know if I ever have a girl, I'm going to dress her up in pink a ton too. Especially after two boys. I know exactly how you feel!! :) I hated pink when I was a kid (still don't like it much for myself).

Tawna said...

She is so beautiful!! Oh, so precious!