Friday, February 8, 2008

Safety First!

I was on the phone, so Mike decided to put Will's new helmet on and poke me. So distracting. I finally accomplished my mission though. The Fishers came over for a gourmet dinner of Papa Murphy's pizza. Thank goodness for convection baking (two at once!). We didn't even bother sitting down. The six of us (Eric & Renee too), stood around the counter devouring pizza. We even had the yummy dessert pizza. So good. And the best news of all: Will seems to be getting over his protein allergy!!! I haven't incoroporated all dairy back in, but I haven't been very careful this week, and he's done great. Yay!! I'm one happy mama.
This is what the Fishers gave me for my birthday. I'm so excited, I've wanted one for so long! I have a ten inch skillet without a lid, so this is going to be great. Plus, now I can use the 12" burner.

This morning Sam wanted "honey bunchies of oaps" for breakfast. Last week he kept asking me for a flupe. He settled for drumsticks and a tambourine. That darn t does tend to sound like a p sometimes.

With the almost-balmy high near 40 degrees yesterday, I am now impatient for spring to come. I'm eager for it not to be below freezing all the time. I'd like to take Sam outside more, but I don't like playing in the snow when it's 25 degrees. I think we're going to go on lots of walks when it warms up!

The boys spent a few hours at Grandma & Papa's house yesterday while I got some software training. They got to play with Jane, Grandma Grace, and Grandma Tigger. Obviously there's no way I can compete with that, but it's hard not to take it personally when Sam tells me things like, "Go away, and never come back!"

3 comments:

Max Fam said...

i just tagged you on my food blog. go check it out.

Jane said...

becky! i love you! and i was tending sam when he was asking for the "flupe" and i had no idea what he wanted because he couldn't describe it nor tell me where it was. does he know what a flute is?

Stuff said...

Hey Becky Joe, So #1 sorry I forgot to email or comment sooner about your birthday, but Happy Birthday. And #2 speaking of your birthday I was remembering the New Kids on the Block Happy Birthday music video we made for you in high school... with our barbies. That was classic....