Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 Reflections

I was looking through my blog book, and I saw this from a couple of years ago. Kind of a fun way to review the year.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Run 5 miles. Continuously.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Um...yeah. We have resolutions for this year!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me, and everyone on my street under 35. Not kidding. And tons of people in Mike's family.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No.

5. Where did you visit? Huntington (and surrounding), St George a couple of times, Bear Lake a couple of times, Lambs Canyon.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Patience. And more optimism.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving birth to the world's best, easiest baby!

8. What was your biggest failure? Being too hormonal.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really. That Vertigo thing really threw me for a loop though.

10. What was the best thing you bought? Photoshop.

11. Where did most of your money go? mortgage. costco.

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My flirty apron and food storage cookbook (which may sound super lame, but it's awesome!), and the imac!

13. Compared to this time last year, are you:A) happier or sadder? B) thinner or fatter? C) richer or poorer? Life is great, I'm much skinnier (now that I'm not 9 months pregnant), and I feel very rich (we can pay the mortgage and we're healthy).

14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Dates with Mike, studying scriptures, more temple work, and more playing with the kids. And relaxing.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Waste time on the computer (ie facebook)

16. What was the best book you read? I just finished Fire of the Covenant (story of the Willie & Martin handcart companies...I have a whole new perspective and appreciation. Great book.), and I loved The Hunger Games & Catching Fire.

17. What did you want and get? Snuggie, Flirty Apron, a pink knife, and my food storage cookbook. I'm still excited about them. I think everyone read my mind for Christmas this year!

18. What did you want and not get? I got everything I wanted, and then some!!

19. What kept you sane? Mostly I wasn't sane, quite honestly.

20. Who did you miss? Our family and friends who moved away! Seems like there were a lot this year.

2009 was a crazy year, with lots of ups and downs. We're ready for a great 2010!!

0 comments: