Monday, January 5, 2009

Just Look at that Face!

Isn't she cute? Ha ha. She has half of her face covered up anyway. Mike didn't think it was very funny when I told him she looked just like him. I had to go have an ultrasound this morning because my doctor was afraid she might not be growing enough. It was all good news though, she looks healthy and is a very average size. She's about 5 lbs 3 oz right now. I hadn't grown much since my last appointment, but that's because her head is so incredibly low in my pelvis that he was probably measuring from her chin instead of the top of her head. The doctor today said that when babies are super low like that they usually come early, so I should pack a bag just to have ready. And not wait to get to the hospital once my contractions start. This is all sounding very familiar... Will was the same way, only he didn't come early. Well, one day, but I don't think that really counts. Maybe this time if we make a big enough scene at labor and delivery they'll admit me and get me an epidural. They should have admitted me right away with Will (I mean really, I was dilated to a 3 having contractions every minute and a half). I'm just glad they got me to a delivery room before he came. Not by much though.

Mike and I went to breakfast after the ultrasound since his hours now are 12-5! Except when it snows, and then he's usually gone for about 12 hours with plowing and work. I have a feeling tomorrow will be a long day like that (since it's 19 degrees and snowing right now).

Yay for healthy babies!

0 comments: