Sunday, April 6, 2008

Funny Boy Sam

I wish I could remember everything Sam says, but here is a sampling from this last week.

  • In an effort to stay up later at bedtime, Sam said to Mike, "Look, what a beautiful day! The sun is welcoming the morning."
  • At dinner on Wednesday, Sam took his grilled cheese off the table and said, "I want to save my snawich for Thursday." Snawich has always been one of my favorite words, which I guess is why I never correct him and he still says it.
  • Mike was putting Sam to bed and Sam told him, "You're a good dad, I think."
  • Osie (who loves anything remotely related to princesses or girly stuff) was playing at our house the other day. It was story time, so I told them to each choose a book from Sam's room. They were walking down the hall when Sam stopped, turned around, and looking very concerned asked, "Mom, do we have any princess books?" I said no, so he turned to Osie and said, "We don't have any princess books."
  • A few mornings ago I was in bed when I heard Sam stirring in his bed. I was afraid he was waking up and getting out of bed (I wasn't ready to get up yet). Then I heard, "Dear Heavenly Father (yawn)...thankful for this day...bless us to be safe (yawn)..." and then he was asleep again. It made me smile. It's the little things that make all the hard times (like yesterday) worth it.
  • Just now--Sam: What day is it? Mike: It's Sunday. Sam: No, it's Friday. Mom, what day is it? Mom: It's Sunday. Sam: (Looking puzzled) Sunday? No, actually, it's Friday.

0 comments: