Saturday, May 16, 2009

Seven Years!

Seven years ago yesterday Mike and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. I can't believe how fast it's gone! We didn't want to be out late (see how tired we both look) so we went to an 8:00 movie. We saw XMen Origins: Wolverine, and I was ready to like it a lot more than I did. I keep expecting every XMen movie to be as good as the first one, and they never are. It was pretty good, just not as good as I thought it should be. My sister and brother-in-law came over to tend. I put Molly down before we left, but they put the boys in bed and even cleaned the kitchen! I was so excited. Mike sent me a gorgeous vase of fresh-cut flowers. So fun! For Mike I gave him a foot rub and mowed the lawn. Our yard is huge, so I consider it a pretty nice gift. (I used to always mow the lawn, but I was pregnant last summer so I didn't do anything in the yard...I was too busy trying to nap away the nausea)

I feel so lucky (and so blessed) to have such a great husband! Mike is so good to me, and even at the height of his May craziness at work, he still thinks to send me flowers. I've heard Dr. Laura give some really good marriage advice in 4 simple words: Choose Wisely, Treat Kindly. I definitely chose wisely, so I'm half way there!

2 comments:

Dane and Annie said...

I liked wolverine just fine, but I have to accept that there were a lot of things that I didn't like, some details, and i was bugged with the S-FX, but I liked the story, I liked where he came from and all that.
Oh, and please, PLEASE don't tell Dane that you used to mow the lawn or he's gonna make me do it, and right now that remains one of his responsabilities.

Christine said...

7 Years! Crazy. Love Molly's announcement.