Saturday, May 16, 2009

I love Les

I took the kids to the Farnsworth Farm Spring Festival this morning and we had lots of fun! Sam got his face painted, jumped in a bounce house, played lots of games, and we all got to go on a hay ride! Will was content to watch from my arms, and Molly slept the whole time in the stroller. We even bought some apples and taffy, kettle corn, and cotton candy. Which turned into lunch. Pictures coming soon.
On the way home I stopped by a yard sale. I didn't buy anything, but I'm pretty sure that's where I picked up the screw in my tire. I was getting the kids out of the car when we got home, and I noticed a sickening hissing sound. I looked down and there it was...a shiny, sharp screw, peacefully embedded in my tire. And letting air escape. I called Mike in a panic, as if he could do anything from work. We talked for a second, and then I started calling tire places to see how much they charged for a flat tire repair. The first place was $18.50, the second was $15, and then I remembered Les Schwab. I had a flat tire repaired there once (before I had kids) and they didn't charge me anything. I didn't expect it to be free this time, but I was relieved when they said it was $12.50. I drove straight there, and they took my car right in and had it done in about 10 minutes. And then my favorite part...they didn't charge me anything! They didn't say why, but they probably felt sorry for me. I had all three kids and I'm sure we looked pretty pathetic. Either way, yay for Les Schwab!! They're my heroes for today! Oh, yeah. And Will passed out as we were leaving.

The boys were eating a snack as I was typing this, and out of nowhere Sam said, "Guess what rule #1 at the beach is? Cats are not allowed! Guess what rule #2 is? Dogs are excellent swimmers! Invite as many as you want!" I'm sure it came from a PBS kids show.
Update: Mike just informed me that it came from Martha Speaks.

0 comments: